I’ve been seeing the Liebster Award posts all over the blogging world for the past couple of months, but I did not expect to be nominated at all as I only have quite a few ‘online friends’. But surprisingly, Dianne of diannewonderland.com and Clare of gclarcy.com have nominated me for this award, and I gratefully accept it! Thanks so much, girls! By the way, my apologies for doing this so late, I’ve been busy. It’s better late than never, right? 😛
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Questions from Dianne:
- Who/what inspired you to blog?
I have been blogging since 2007, but I had a hard time maintaining my blogs, and they always end up as being abandoned or taken down. But since I came back this year, I draw my inspiration from other bloggers. I get inspired reading their posts through the years, which I also wanted for myself. Now that my blog is turning 1 year soon, it feels so fulfilling! So thank you, fellow bloggers, for the inspiration. I have never thought my blog and I can make it this far. 🙂
- What was the link of your first blog?
The first link of my blog is embarrassing. It was a subdomain; it is dirtbag.goingdead.net. Hahaha! It was 2007, and I was still in high school when I acquired that site. That time, my best friend and I are such big fans of rock and alternative bands, especially of the band, Blink-182. The two members, Mark Hoppus and Tom DeLonge, affectionately call each other ‘Dirtbag’ and ‘Rollerpig’. So as die-hard fans, we did the same! I remember, the owner of goingdead.net, actually asked me if I’m really serious using ‘dirtbag’ as my subdomain. I don’t blame him, it doesn’t sound nice at all. Haha! And then my first ever domain was called ends-tonight.net, which I got after winning an online graphic design contest. I got the name from All-American Rejects’ song, It Ends Tonight.
- Describe your usual day routine.
During weekdays, my routine is not too different from other people who have a 9-hour job. I wake up at 8am, and then I reach office at 10am. I am a Business Analyst, and I spend nine hours in the office attending meetings with clients, writing documentations, and discussing with my developers and QAs. I usually go home at 7pm or 8pm, depending on my workload. When I’m back home, my dad and I eat dinner together, and then I usually watch some TV series — which is a way for me to destress after a long day at work. Before sleeping, I do a video call with Kevin, my boyfriend. Lights out for me is usually at 12mn or 1am. On the other hand, during weekends, I just stay at home and relax: I binge watch movies and TV series, do blog hopping, online shopping, and randomly browse the net. I also clean our flat if my laziness doesn’t kick in . And sometimes, I also do some office work.
- What is one movie that you would recommend to your readers?
I am a big fan of movies, and I watch all genres. But my most favourite is the romantic-comedy genre, so I’ll pick a movie from that category. It’s Celeste and Jesse Forever. I’ve seen this movie more than five times, I think. It’s actually a sad movie, and it’s about breaking up. I’m not in any way broken hearted when I watched it; I just enjoyed it a lot, and I think all aspects of the film was wonderfully made.
- How do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Five years from now, I’ll be turning 29. I’d like to see myself as an already fulfilled person in terms of my relationships with my family and my partner, in my career, and also in my passions like travelling. And most importantly, I’d like to see myself as a prepared woman for marriage (my target marrying age is 30).
- What is your biggest achievement so far?
I am not sure, I am not really an achiever-type of person. Maybe so far, the fact that I graduated from college, and I was blessed with a good job that supports me are my biggest achievements so far. I also consider my relationship with my boyfriend as an achievement; we’ve been together for almost four years already, and I am proud that things are going better for us year after year.
- If money, traffic, and climate are not an issue, would you leave the country you are in for another one? Why?
I have already left, and I have been living overseas for the past two years. But if pastures were greener in the Philippines, I would not have left at all. I love the Philippines so much, despite all its issues.
- If you’d die now, would you have any regrets?
Yes, a lot. There are many things I would still love to do and experience, so I hope my end won’t come anytime soon.
- What are two insecurities you have?
My biggest insecurity since I was a kid is my body — my entire life I have never been skinny. And second is maybe my socialising skills; I can be timid at times, and I’m really shy. Most of the time, I doubt myself with the career path I chose, because the core skill that my job needs is communication, and I think I greatly lack that department.
- What’s the difference between you and most of the other people?
Maybe the way I handle my life. As much as possible, I want to live a carefree and stressfree life. People might think that I don’t experience much issues and problems, but I do, too. Although, I admit that I have never hit any rock-bottom experience that can turn my life around. Anyway, I don’t let those negative things get in my way of enjoying my life.
- What is one thing you want to be remembered for?
I want to be remembered as a person who was able to do everything she wished and hoped for.
Questions from Clare:
- What’s one memory from your childhood that you can’t seem to forget?
I don’t remember much memories from my childhood. It seems I have forgotten most of them. But there’s one thing that is already etched in my memory: I was playing in a playground with my cousins, and I am telling them stories about Singapore, and that I can speak Mandarin. Side story: I have lived in Singapore as a kid, and I always play with our neighbours, who speak Mandarin. And it seems after spending time with them, I absorbed and learned the language. My parents confirmed this. Haha.
- What is the weirdest dream you have had so far?
I usually forget my dreams when I wake up. There are times that I remember some bits, but they are not really clear, so I really cannot think of any weird dream. Actually, I consider all weird because when I try to patch together the bits I remember, they don’t make sense. Haha.
- If you can’t have the job that you have right now, what would you imagine yourself doing now instead?
If I’m not a BA, I actually would like to be a web designer. And also, teaching is also kind of interesting.
- Do you tend to always finish your drinks before your food during meals? I know I do lol
As a kid, my mum always tell us not to drink in between meals as doing it will make us feel full easily, and I have carried that rule as an adult. So, no. Haha.
- What is your favorite fruit?
Bananas and grapes.
- What skills are you passionate about right now?
The skills I use in my current job. My work is highly stressful, but surprisingly, I have learned to enjoy it. Now, I am trying my best to better my skills so I can perform better.
- Do you have plans on venturing in a business someday?
Yes, my dad and I have some plans. We are talking about it but we don’t have any concrete plans yet.
- What do you feel and think about whenever you see someone (child or adult) who has autism?
I don’t know. I have never come across any person who has autism, to be honest. But I don’t think I will treat them differently, especially with kids — all kids are adorable for me. 🙂
- What is the best-animated film that you’ve watched so far in your opinion?
I love Hayao Miyazaki and Makoto Shinkai’s works. It’s so hard to choose, but if both the story and the animation are considered, The Garden of Words is the best, in my opinion.
- What is the best anime in your opinion?
I love anime! For me, they are One Piece, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Hunter X Hunter (despite its multiple hiatus).
- Are you worried about something right now? You can elaborate if you want to 🙂
Yes, I am worried and sad at the same time that I can’t go home, and I’ll be alone for Christmas. 🙁
My nominees and my questions
My questions are:
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What is the most favourite book you have read, and why?
- If given a chance to visit a place over and over again, where would it be?
- What is the most expensive item you have bought for yourself?
- If you get a chance to live in a different era/period, what would you choose?
- If you can sit down and have dinner with one famous person, who would it be? And what questions would you ask him/her?
- What is the one thing you have regretted doing?
- What was the most absurd lie you have told someone?
- What is your happiest memory?
- What would you like to experience but you’re too afraid to do it?
- What do you think of me? Haha 🙂
Hope you’ll enjoy answering the questions! And I hope to read you answers soon! Thank you!